Thursday, February 09, 2006

I'm Tired

I think that everytime I sit down to write these days, I could start out by saying,... I'm tired. It's disturbing. Yesterday, I spent 18 hours at John's Hopkins. It was fabulous. I was honored to be with a woman who had a successful VBAC. It was joyous and I'm so happy that I could be there to help her in any small way. Truly an honor. Then I came home and have visitors from CT. K and her son S. K was a doula client who became a friend. :) I'm S's Godmother too. What a blessing for me to have them in my life. And they were here when I got the call that B was in labor. K was here and watched my kids. Awesome. S is cute BUT one year old. It's exhausting just with my three kids and after being away so long, my kids are rebelling to boot. My little one told me she didn't like me today. Great. She's pissed that her older sister has been her primary caregiver for a couple of days. I don't blame her but I'm tired. I'm tired from work, they're needy, I've got house guests. I want to change this schtick. I'm over it. I don't want to be tired anymore. I want a simple life, I think. But, does tired go along with exciting? Can you have an exciting life, 3 kids, friends, interests, be a giving person and NOT be tired? I'm so tired, I don't know! Help.

No comments: