Thursday, September 10, 2009

I'm goin' t' school fer lernin', don't ya no.

This Hatha Mama has taken a sharp zig in her zaged life. Staying at the awkward stage of challenge or as I'm learning the "zone of proximal development" (Vygotsky). Aren't we all life-time learners? I've got to go where I'm becoming and blossoming. And so I sit here in Graduate level courses in Education at my alma mater UB. Funny how we are drawn to those places that we need to be. Gently fluttering through life, like the give of wind by the supple branch. Whhhhhew! The branches seem to shimmer out as the blast comes and goes.

Anywho...I enjoy learning...and challenges and I'm finding it now. I have stopped teaching yoga in EA and instead have gone down to one class at my local community center "Yoga for 'Tweens" or Middle School Yoga. I can use them as a sweet little experiment as I pursue teaching to this age group and gee, who in the world doesn't love yoga. It's better than a sharp stick in the eye...I always say. I'll be needing one class myself to teach and keep me accountable to my commitment to students in this discipline. I made a promise.

Just the facts:

--Enrolled at UB in Education Department getting certified in Secondary Ed Science (Earth Science and possibly Life Sciences--I need to make it through this 18 credit semester)

--Going on two trips for Lansinoh this fall. I'm visiting my dear KD in Cali at MANA conference and I think we'll be met by our fabulous boss and friend G. This is work with major perks and quiet. Nothing better than a weekend in a hotel room for free.

--no IBCLC work except to teach a couple BF 101 classes down the street at Care Connection.

--Still have FIVE kids that I deal with on a daily basis. Love them all! They humble me frequently.

--In happy relationships with all family members. Here's hoping they all know how much I love and appreciate each and every one of them.

By the way...In my first grader, C's class they are doing a unit on families. What is a nuclear family? I'm seriously unsure myself under the circumstances....

Do what you do...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love ya!

Barb said...

love you too tammi!