Sunday, April 15, 2007

Yoga Teacher Training

I started my YTT yesterday. It was a long day of listening and trying to be open to the process. Unfortunately, what I need, my body, my soul is to close myself off and mourn. I was a little too open to the process yesterday. It was the first day and I didn't want to seem like a cold, bi-atch so, I chatted about my life, my cancer, my treatment, and gave a bit too much before I knew it. There is such a careful balance to all systems in our body and finding the perfect amount of opening and closing under emotional situations is difficult for the best of us. My prayer going into the training today will be that a bubble of light and energy surround me and protect me from all the emotion and life that is in the room and with me on this journey; I imagine a veil of gauze between me and everyone, I can see out and they can see in but it is a subtle protection.

I now know why I've been drawn to the writing and life of Sri Sri Anandamayi Ma. I think that there is a very strong connection between her and Felicitas (the owner of the yoga studio and my teacher at this training) and I was drawn to Felicitas through my admiration and love toward Ma (Sri Anandamayi Ma). Felicitas told a story about her name and though I knew her name meant happiness I didn't know that it was translated to the sanskrit Anandamay or Joy/Bliss. Life is full of connections. I will include a poem of Ma's and a picture.


"Joys and sorrows are time-born and cannot last.

Therefore, do not be perturbed by these.

The greater the difficulties and obstructions,

the more intense will be your endeavour to cling to His feet

and the more will your prayer increase from within.

And when the time is ripe,

you will gain mastery over this power."

Sri Sri Anandamayi Ma

No comments: