Monday, May 28, 2007

Chicago


I've been in Chicago the last four days exhibiting for Lansinoh at the American College of Nurse Midwives Conference. It's been exciting and interesting and exhausting. I miss my kids too.

Last night I went out with one of the women I work with. We had a super meal and drank a bottle of wine after having a couple of drinks during happy hour. I was very "happy" yesterday but a little not-so-happy today. I need a nap. I do so enjoy travelling. It feeds my soul.

For those keeping track the yogic ethical principal of the month is Satya or Truthfulness.

"Satya is a Sanskrit word that loosely translates into English as "truth" or "correct." It is a term of power due to its purity and meaning and has become the emblem of many peaceful social movements, particularly those centered on social justice, environmentalism and vegetarianism.

Satya is also defined in Sanskrit as "sate hitam satyam" which translates to "All that takes you closer to sat (i.e. almighty god) is satya (i.e. the real truth)". This implies that all that which may seem to be true but on deeper investigation does not take us closer to god is not satya.

Hence all the deeds, words, and wisdom that takes closer to the almighty are the truth."

This is difficult. Especially in my efforts to become a part of a new company, meeting new people and new ways of working. I struggle with keeping the concept of Satya pure. Oh, and here's the truth...I love meat. I had a juicy, bloody steak yesterday and it was GREAT. Oh, how to reconcile my very contradictory life.

No comments: