Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Joan Morrissey

Joannie...joan you gave so much you were so big
a part of my life, will you ever know how much
I'm grateful to you
you taught me how to live with this diagnosis
to live to love to cry to be
I wanted to be around you
to hear what you had to say
to laugh
at the outrage
at the goofiness
at life
beautiful life
and now you are greater, bigger than your life
I see yellow, bright beautiful yellow
like the color of morning rays
I miss you already
my heart squeezes with sadness
for Gigi, Josie and Joel
but also for you
how strong, how bold to say goodbye
to know when it's time to leave
I love you, Joan

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/joanmorrissey

1 comment:

Christina said...

I'm sorry you lost your friend, Barb. This makes me sad because you are sad, and it's all just so sad. But I am so happy that you are still keeping up your Blog, because I think about you at least 4 times a week....there's nothing special about 4, I just know it's a lot. Everytime I practice yoga, think about what I want to be when I grow up, look at Amory.....Gosh. It must be more than 4 times.....I hope you're feeling ok and are coping ok with your busy life. You're such an awesome person. Even if I fall out of touch from time to time, know there's a candle burning for you always in Vienna, VA or wherever I may be. Lots of love, Christina