Monday, November 19, 2007

Doula Joy

Today I reconnected with a beautiful couple and their new baby. I was invited to attend the birth of their daughter and they each truly touched my heart and made me better some how. I'm in general, awed by the power of birth (see my dear friend's post for a great description of DOULA) and each birth I'm honored to attend brings me closer to the divine, sweet nectar of our GOD, present in each of our hearts, made real by love and witnessed in the creation of life. I honor birth and thus am a doula. With loving kindness I want to be in this world and assist to make loving kindness present at the moment of birth. I want to lead the genuflection at the miracal and strength of women and the birth process.

Namaste' I say.

This beautiful couple has gone on to become loving and kind and dedicated parents and they teach me in the process. My world gives me so much. And I trust in all that comes into my path, open to all that God is, I make space for that, the truth.

Asato ma, Sat Gamaya.
Tomaso ma, Jyotir Gamaya.

Today I pray for Irus, Gregor and Ariel.

2 comments:

L.P. Cells said...

Namaste' indeed!

Mama Kim said...

Hey Boo-been thinking bout you. this post is a really beautiful.
Love you:)
kim