Friday, February 01, 2008

What tha'

I want to retract my last post's statement the Hillary is "the Man". Hillary is a woman. On the trail recently she was giving a speech and there was a persistent heckler, screaming, "Iron my shirt!" "Iron my shirt!" "Iron my shirt". She paused and said calmly, "This is another reason why it's time for me to be president.". As I said earlier, I do believe that she will be president and I'm glad. Why didn't we hear anything in the news about THIS! I want to believe that if there was an idiot screaming "Pick my cotton" at Barack Obama it would infuriate and appall the public. Am I naive? I don't know. As a woman who works with women and been witness to the persistent degrading of a woman's innate power through birth, baby's cut from their mothers, ripping families from the power of birth by a corrupt and disillusioned medical system, I can tell you that we're not moving forward in our respect for women.

Anyway, we're about to have a change, a shakedown. Is Hillary's presidency always going to be a "woman thing"? Will she constantly be proving herself at each turn? If it's Barack will it be a "black thing"? Either way it will be interesting.

3 comments:

L.P. Cells said...

A woman & black thing would be most interesting. Either at the helm would be refreshing.

jillybean said...

YOU are interesting. Barb you had me almost in tears with laughter. I can just see you saying this in the Crone's Kitchen while drinking a cup of tea. I miss you. I'm glad to feel your sunshine.

Jillybean

Mama Kim said...

said like only you could. love your perspective on things. keep being real..
sis