Thursday, July 13, 2006

Lost days sort of...

Well, it's thursday. I'm starting to come out of my fog. It wasn't so bad but I was out of it. Very tired and just feeling "funny". It's hard to describe. I'm not sure how much was the chemo or what was the effects of the very strong anti-nausea meds. Oh, well. After my morning nap today, I ate some soup and felt a little better.

I've had enormous support. My cousin Mary has come every morning to make sure my kids are fed and hangs out with them while I take my morning nap. Wow. She does dishes, makes lunch too and lets the kids play on the tramp and jump in the sprinkler. Oh, AND she goes grocery shopping. My mom came by one evening, my dad took the car in to be serviced, my mom and dad spent 7 hours here watching the kids while I had my chemo infusion, blood work etc. My cousin, Sarah, spent a few hours playing with the kids yesterday and my sister watched my kids while I went to a New Member meeting at Gilda's club. Which is located in this very cool mansion in Buffalo with all sorts of support groups, art, yoga, tai chi classes and the taa daa....Noogie Land for KIDS! It's the entire basement of the mansion set up for kids. These are all kids living with cancer in their family -- a safe place. Just what my kids need.

I'm kinda outta it...can't remember the days...my brain is foggy. But, I'm doing ok.

No comments: