Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Friday the 13th Storm


Dear God,

I'm tired of drama. I'm hoping like crazy (and praying too) that 2007 will be UNeventful. I'm actually hoping it will be boring. I want time to read, clean, scrapbook, and just live. Anyway, hoping you get this message and put me on the books for nothing in '07.

Love, Barb

I'm living on a mattress on the floor at my parents. We have massive tree damage, a utility pole down in front of our house and it's freaking October!! What the...? I actually think that the epicenter of the storm was our house. It's like a war zone. I woke up Friday to 2 1/2 feet of snow and all the trees in our neighborhood damaged. We couldn't drive out of our house until late Saturday. I was supposed to start radiation on Friday. I didn't want to. I'm afraid I may have willed this storm into being so I could get out of radiation on Friday. It didn't really help, as it only prolonged the inevitable. I started radiation on Monday. It sucked, as I imagined it would.

It's a rotten, horrible joke that the woman (me) who hates hospitals and choose to have a homebirth now has to lay on a cold table and get radiated EVERY day for 6 weeks. It is wrecking havoc on my blood pressure. Every time I go in that fluorescent lamped, stark room with the giant machine that whirrs and whistles, my heart rate accelerates.

No comments: