Monday, December 31, 2007

A Nice Cleanse

I have been in my element. I love doing life...the holidays, food for family and friends, joy, laughter, decorations. The ritual of this time also appeals to my genetically predispositions love of religion. I love that the virgin son was born in the manger...alleluia, the angel said. For unto us...god was born. On earth.

Ok, that's all wonderful. But another less talked about part of my yearly ritual is gearing up for and enjoying a cleanse. It all starts for me with my yearly gift of a Carol's Daughter sea salt, cleansing regime. I've done Ocean (blue), the purple one...what's it called... a couple of years but this year I went for Groove. Kinda goes with the Saraswati vibe...I'm tripping...I know. Groove is this beautiful deep luscious brick red that you massage over the body, scrubbing with love, but a full on exfoliating just enough to feel good while enfusing your pores with the richest oil and sents of perfection to stay and linger or rub off against something or someone sweet. That's another blog. But, I love this start of the new year. And this year is no exception.

When I start talking about cleansing it always makes it's way to the internal cleanse. People who've not done a full blown (no pun!) cleanse are always VERY curious. Have you actually done enemas? You betcha baby. I did a two week cleansing fast once. It's the longest I've gone and I did coffee and various other enemas to help clean out that end and I drank different juices and waters and took supplements to clean from the other end. (warning: if you aren't aware yet this blog is going to get graphic) I cleaned out what looked like meconium. I never felt better in my life, I might add. So, I'm starting the process. I'm eating less of everything but most importantly...eating less of the stuff that hangs out in the colon. Meat, animal products,...I'm want to get clean inside and out.

If you want more info on cleansing check out my sister at Crazy Sexy Cancer There is an entry about wheat grass that's worth the read.

I also want to plug Carol's Daughter again. I stocked up on her awesome products and have fallen in love with all her stuff again. I was given a gift of some of her stuff around 5-6 years ago and look forward to my yearly supply. Some of you might know that I have some crazy hair for a white girl. Now, I want you all to know that I look like a short Maude with Elizabeth Taylor eyes. Shocking gray hair that is thick and curly,...did I mention thick. After being bald, I'm now trying to grow it into something presentable but it grows out like a chia pet until it hits a certain weight and it takes forever to get there. So, what do I use...Carol's Daughter's products. I love her hair milk, to keep the frizz down. I also love her shampoo and stay in Black Vanilla spray conditioner. If I want the slick sophisticated look I'll work in some Kizy and then spray with the tui jojoba hair sheen.

Well, I'm off to the chiropractor.

Stay clean, my friends!

No comments: